Alison (Ally) Hollingshead PgDip, BSc(Hons), MBACP
Counsellor and Psychotherapist
What is Counselling?
Counselling offers a confidential and safe space for you to explore your past and present experiences with a qualified professional.
The therapeutic session can take place face-to-face, in person or online, individually or in group settings, inside and outside!
I genuinely love working with people and value all they bring to the counselling space. Life experience, however difficult, makes us who we are today. Counselling can strengthen self-compassion, and help us to accept ourselves.Ally Hollingshead
Ally specialises in empowering people to believe in themselves, strengthen resilience and build healthier relationships.
Ally offers a safe, warm and accepting space for you to explore your feelings and life experiences.
Ally is insured, holds an enhanced DBS, has regular supervision, is registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and adheres to the BACP code of ethics.
Counselling can help if you:
- drink to forget, cope or gain control only to achieve the opposite effect
- have low self esteem, put yourself down or hate yourself
- struggle to feel confident and content
- have anxieties or intrusive thoughts
- have experienced something that feels too difficult to think about, such as loss or trauma
- have overwhelming, low moments
- feel shame, anger, regret, sadness and/or resentment more than other more positive emotions
Counselling can help you so that you can feel:
- lighter and in greater control of your difficult emotions
- start to accept, like and love yourself
- learn to listen to your authentic self
- feel motivated to explore your interests and ambitions
- improve your relationships so that you only surround yourself with the people that have qualities you value
- belief in yourself
How we help
We will develop a support package to suit you.
Counselling can help you:
- realise why you may have developed your unhealthy behaviours.
- learn how to feel all of your emotions as they come into your awareness without distress
- learn to cope by trusting your own beliefs, values and interests.
- learn to share how you feel, unapologetically, with others.
- help you to become more self-compassionate, self-aware and be your free, authentic self.
Your first step is to Book your free 20 minute consultation to discuss what you would like from counselling, and for us both to see if we would feel comfortable working together.
Once you have completed your free consultation and have decided that counselling is suitable, you can book your first appointment. Ally will work closely with you to personalise your counselling experience.
Face to Face Counselling
Appointments will be accessible online or in person at my office (Newcastle-under-Lyme)
Cost: £48 for a 50 minute session
Therapy in nature is a progressive and energising form of therapy. We can use the calming and energising effects of nature to facilitate positive change. Based in an area of natural beauty, either in the Staffordshire Moorlands or the Peak District, you can choose either individual or group therapy sessions.
Cost : £48 for 50 minutes or £62 for 70 minutes
If you don’t feel quite ready for face-to-face work, or you are unable to, for whatever reason meet online, we can work in a solution-focused and supportive way through text messaging. This can also be used in between face-to-face sessions.
Cost: £48 for 50 minutes or £62 for 70 minutes
One last thing…
How would it be for you to feel comfortable in yourself and all that you experience? Do you feel ready to safely take down the walls you built to protect yourself from pain? These walls are now getting in your way!!
I can gently help you explore any build up of negative experience and safely unravel it so that you can feel unburdened and set your spirit free!Ally Hollingshead
Lets do this!
If you would like to find out more about any of these options, please feel free to contact us HERE