Asha Myers is an IAPRC® certified Recovery Coach and She Recovers® Designated Coach
“A million times thank you… He’s doing so well and I know it really helps to have you on his side…”Family member
“Many thanks for the chat and info you sent, both were extreamly helpful”Client
“I feel so much better for having spoken to you”Client
“Thank you for all your help… The sessions are really helping. I’ve come so far from where I was”Client
“I’ve tried numerous times in the past to give up drinking but failed after a few days… Now I’m doing really well”Client
“I can’t recommend her enough. She’s encouraging, realistic and friendly”Client
“I feel so much more able to cope with the situation”Family member
“If you’re struggling and need help I recommend Asha as someone you can trust to help you through it”Client
“I got support, knowledge and techniques”Family member
What is Recovery Coaching?
“Recovery Coaching is a strengths-based process which helps clients remove personal and environmental barriers to recovery. The coaching process helps clients step back, question and analyse their thinking habits and take action towards a realisation of their visions, their goals and desires”(International Association of Professional Recovery Coaches)
You don’t have to go it alone
The thought of quitting drinking is scary and can feel like an insurmountable task. How will it effect your relationships with friends and family? Is it possible if your partner still drinks? How will you navigate work events? Figuring out how to untangle drinking from your life can be daunting to say the least.
Having someone objective to talk through your experiences and discuss your worries with is key to success. The simple act of saying your thoughts out load with someone who will really listen in a non-judgemental way is often all you need to release what’s been bothering you and move on.
Coaching provides a safe, confidential space where you can share honestly, gain perspective on your problems and untangle the mire of drinking too much. It can help you get clear on what it is you really want for your life and provide you with a practical, actionable plan for success.
You are your own expert – everything you need is already within you. Sometimes it’s just hard to see the wood for the trees. As a coach, Asha will work beside you, collaboratively, supporting you from where you are now, to where you want to be. Quitting addictive substances and changing habits is tough! Using evidence based techniques, Asha will work with you in a caring and empathetic way to help you overcome obstacles, build recovery capital and realign your life to match your authentic values and goals.
Doing the work of recovery is a powerful healing process that can truly set you free. I’m passionate about helping people escape their negative patterns, do the work and release whatever’s holding them back so true potential can flourish.Asha Myers
Asha specialises in supporting grey area problem drinkers change their habits around alcohol. She can help you work out what you want for your life, set goals, make a plan and live with intention. The coaching process helps you to recognise self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviours and replace them with healthy life affirming practices.
Asha offers a safe, warm and accepting space for you to unpick your troubles, get clear on your values and what’s truly important to you, go forth and create a life where your needs are truly met.
Asha is certified with IAPRC ® and She Recovers®, holds an enhanced DBS, is fully insured and adheres to the IAPRC ® code of ethics.
Who we help
Free Spirits support problem drinkers who are worried about their drinking and wish to change their habits.
Coaching can help if you:
- are drinking more than you’d like but can’t seem to stop
- are in early sobriety looking for help and direction
- are in long term recovery but need additional support
- have a family member who has substance misuse issues
- if you are seeking recovery from any sort of bad habit
Coaching can help so that you can feel:
- clear about what you really want in life and how to get it
- free of ambivalence and motivated to move forward
- confident in your sobriety with a personal relapse prevention plan
- secure in yourself with a comprehensive coping mechanism toolbox
- supported, understood and accountable
- peace of mind and relief from guilt, shame and self-doubt
- empowered, encouraged and engaged
How we help
We will develop a holistic support package to suit you.
Coaching can help you:
- with practical support on how to navigate early sobriety
- get clear on your values, priorities, goals and aspirations
- identify and re-frame negative belief structures and thought patterns
- recognise negative self-talk and learn to treat yourself with compassion
- identify, acknowledge, feel and release troubling feelings and emotions
- learn copying mechanisms to move past fear, anxiety and anger
- develop a sense of optimism, confidence and renewed self-esteem
From here you can go forth and kick ass!
We can discuss your needs and go from there. Individual sessions are £48, last 50 minutes and can take place in person (in Nottinghamshire, UK) or by video call.
We take a whole life approach to recovery and will develop a holistic support package to suit your individual needs. This might include:
- weekly email support
- personalised journal
- practical exercises, strategies and resources
- comprehensive individual recovery plan
- discounts on Free Spirits socials and retreats
- support from the free spirits community
Recovery is not just about giving up the booze…
It’s about coming into awareness.
Healing your past, being content in the present, and building an amazing future.
It’s culling the bullshit and living your truth.
It’s a process of transformational change, reconnecting and reignighting mind, body and spirit.
Working towards wholeness and self actualisation.
IF YOU ARE PHYSICALLY DEPENDENT ON ALCOHOL, YOU MUST SPEAK TO A DOCTOR BEFORE STOPPING DRINKING. ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL CAN KILL
COACHING IS NOT THERAPY OR AN ADDICTION TREATMENT PROGRAM. IT IS INTENDED TO COMPLIMENT NOT REPLACE TREATMENT, REHAB OR 12 STEP GROUPS.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.